- Common Cause Special Adviser and former FCC Commissioner Michael Copps, on the Sixth Circuit Court’s decision overturning the FCC’s municipal broadband order.
- The FCC yesterday released its Notice of Inquiry for the 12th Broadband Report, and skeptics like Commissioner Ajit Pai wasted no time blasting the now notorious document
- “We also need to keep in mind that the traditional ROR mechanism has failed. The order does nothing to repair the existing ROR mechanism, and I’m concerned about those flaws getting left behind. It’s paradoxical if we’re trying to increase broadband, why would the first step be to reduce funding?”
- Excerpt from the draft 2016 Democratic Party platform which is to be reviewed by the Platform Committee today and tomorrow.
- “We started to broaden it so now we were going to cover everything and wire the whole state, and while that’s admirable, if you try to be everything to everybody, you end up being nothing to anybody.”