- Excerpt from a statement by FCC Commissioner Ajit Pai regarding the Commission’s review of state opt-out requests of the FirstNet program.
- Common Cause Special Adviser and former FCC Commissioner Michael Copps, on the Sixth Circuit Court’s decision overturning the FCC’s municipal broadband order.
- The FCC yesterday released its Notice of Inquiry for the 12th Broadband Report, and skeptics like Commissioner Ajit Pai wasted no time blasting the now notorious document
- “We also need to keep in mind that the traditional ROR mechanism has failed. The order does nothing to repair the existing ROR mechanism, and I’m concerned about those flaws getting left behind. It’s paradoxical if we’re trying to increase broadband, why would the first step be to reduce funding?”
- Excerpt from the draft 2016 Democratic Party platform which is to be reviewed by the Platform Committee today and tomorrow.